Kinder in Technology

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tool 10

I was amazed at the fabulous apps that were on in the iPod touch in Lion Lane PreK Center. They are wonderful for the students to use and learn through. The iPod Touch had games related to every subject, several levels and in English and Spanish. It is very user friendly. I mostly liked the ‘i write words’ app where the student will write the letter with their finger on the screen helping them reinforcing the letter. This will help with a student who comes to class in the middle of the school year with no school experience. Which I had a bit of this year. There are songs, puzzles, and interactive games. I could certainly see how this could be used in a classroom. I could use them in centers, in groups, and on an individual basis when a child needs that extra support. I have noticed that many of the software that we have worked on in the 11 tools are on the ipod touch, like Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment