Kinder in Technology

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Reflection

1. I guess I could say that my favorite tool that I have in my personal technology toolbox is Photostory. I am working on many organization projects and sharing them with my children. It helped me give myself time to organize all the pictures and having fun doing it. I am looking forward on doing it with my students, as well. I look forward to gathering their pictures during the school year to capture the moment of their learning experience in this totally new environment. I think our kinder students should feel lucky to be at Ridgecrest, not just because of the new building but of the cutting edge technology. They will be the first generation to experience from kinder to 5th grade in these new conditons.

2. I certainly have in my mind that this year will be full of innovations. Again, looking at a new school and combining it with all these technology tools makes me rethink of my methods that I will apply to obtain the best results in benefit of the students' learning. We must change with the changing times. I feel this will be a great opportunity to apply all the technology to obtain the best quality of education.

3. I must admit that I did not think I would have so much fun. At first I was concerned with the time and I wanted to be sure I would finish. But once I started I found that these were very helpful and useful things that I didn't even think the district would allow us to use. Many which I used already. I am happy and surprised that we are able to apply these applications.

I think what surprised me the most was that as I was about to end my reflection one of my students showed me what she did on her DS-XL. To my surprise, she had created a photostory. I am sure it was easier for her to do it than for me, it seems innate to them. I was so pleased to see the creativity they apply on their "games".

No comments:

Post a Comment